Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mobile data a big turn-off for consumers

I caught this article (http://www.telecomtv.com/news.asp?cd_id=7052&url=news.asp?cd_id=7052)  earlier and have to say that I am in full agreement after being badly burnt on mobile data in the past.

 

2004 at 3GSM in cold and windy Cannes I used mobile data for three days, on receiving my next bill I was shocked to see my bill had a data charge in the £100’s of pounds. Even though I had a 15mb data plan this did not apply to my usage in France. Ever since I have avoided mobile data wherever and whenever possible so I can concur with this article.

 

The issue for operators is how to get us “once burned, twice shy” mobile data users back, a seemingly impossible task from a set of companies who cannot to market anything other than calls and txt.

 

Bring on flat data plans please.

No comments: